REGISTRATION POLICY AND INFORMATION
Prior to the registration night:
3 year olds currently registered in the program may secure their position in the 4 year old class by handing in their registration form before the registration night.
*Children registered in the 3 year old class are guaranteed a spot in the 4 year old class the next school year. However, parents must get their child’s registration form into the playschool before open registration night begins. After this date, the spot is not guaranteed.
Current families with a child registered in the school may also pre-register siblings for either class for the upcoming year.
- To register we require:
- A completed registration form
- A completed PAD banking form for monthly fees
- $75 registration fee cheque or cash (non-refundable after you receive a spot in the Playschool)
- First month’s school fee cheque post dated August 1st 2020, $150 for the 3 year old class, and $190 for the 4 year old class.
Registration Night Procedures
Registration night runs from 6:30 – 7:30pm on Tuesday Feb. 4, 2020. It is not first come first served, you do not need to come early or line up. After all registration forms are collected that night, they will be sorted according to priority. We have never had a year without “out of area” families in the Playschool so please don’t let the priorities dissuade you from coming to our registration night!
On registration night, IF we have more applicants than spots available the following will be applied, however we always have “out of area” families receive spots in our school.
Priority will be given:
First: to siblings of alumni children, previously registered in the playschool, who live IN the community (Westridge, Wolf Willow, Country Club).
Second: to new children who live IN the community.
Third: to siblings of alumni children, previously registered in the playschool within the last 2 years, who live OUT of the community.
Fourth: to new children who live OUT of the community.
- If necessary, a lottery will be done for any categories exceeding the spots based on this priority system.
- Waiting lists will be compiled after 16 three year olds and 18 four year olds are registered.
- Notifications of registration will be emailed to families within a week of registration night.
- Registrations submitted after registration night will be accepted in the order that they are received, no priority is given to in area families after registration night.